Wednesday 3 April 2013

Stormbringers vs Necrons!!??

Now then,

A part of the deal to get my son to give me a game of Basic Impetus was that i had a game of 40K with him.  Only fair i suppose, so heres a few pics of the game, and a chance to show some of James's figures.


Space marine force
tactical squad, scout squad, devastator squad and a dreadnought commanded by a captain in terminator armour.

Necrons.
2 units of 12 Necron Warriors, 6 bases of Scarabs, 2 Destroyers, and Necron lord.

I've no idea what the points might be, as we don't have the codex's. Literally a few months after i bought all this stuff for James, the new rules came out... So i dont know whats what... We just kind of made it up as we went...:)



 Tactical squad moving into position!


Destroyers moving up to support their robotic friends...


Necrons about to run into a hail of fire from all manner of weaponry...


Dreadnought and scouts.


The star of the show, the dreadnought. I think James has done a great job on this, all i did was apply the dip and paint on the name "FURY". Great work for an 11 year old,

Anyway, the marines, commanded by james won in the end although it was a total bloodbath, i think we ended up with about 5 models left each, when he killed the Necron Lord and ended the game.

Not really my cup of tea, but my game next...Basic Impetus Crusades I think!

Cheers for reading.
Steve

7 comments:

  1. Bloody great work for an 11 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paint job jobs :-)

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers,
    I'm sure if i could get him to practice a bit more, he could be a really good painter, alas, i think i've lost that battle to the XBOX.....

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have a painter and gamer for a son! Treasure the times and tell him great work on the dreadnought.

    I knew you'd switched blogs but briefly lost you. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask what you use for a dip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I ask what you use for a dip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Army Painter, strong tone dip.

      Cheers
      Steve

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...