Wednesday 16 February 2022

Late Roman Army for To the Strongest.

Now then,


Last year, during one of the lockdowns, i forget exactly when, i painted up my late Roman army, using the stunning Footsore miniatures.

Light Troops


I started off with some light infanty, javelin armed skirmishers, or Lanciarii, if you prefer.


 Next up were some light infantry archers, I spent some extra time stringing their bows, and making arrows out of brush bristles. I think if looks a bit more convincing.


Some light cavalry armed with Javelins.


More light cavalry, this time with bows. again i strung all the bows.

Cavalry 





Late Roman Heavy cavalry, with a heroic looking chap accompanying them, for use in To the strongest.

Late Roman heavy cavalry


Veteran heavy cavalry, i used some of the Romano British models in this unit, to make them look a bit different.


Late Roman Cataphracts.


The Infantry





4 Units of Late Roman heavy infantry.


A late Roman Scorpio, the only non Footsore miniatures in the army, these are from Gripping beast.

Commanders and Heroes



Arthur, King of the Britons!


I have used the Belasarius model as a hero for my Cataphract unit.


General

Guenivere, i use her as a hero in one of the infantry units.


Vortigen, the general of my infanrty.


And finally a camp for use in To the strongest, I scratch built this out of coffee stirrers etc.


A really fun painting project, and an army im very proud of. Next post ill show you their opposition.... The Picts!

Thanks for looking,
Stig.

My video update over on youtube.

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...