Saturday 8 February 2014

Sdkfz 234/1 and 234/2 Puma Armoured car

Now then,

I have spent today painting this vehicle up, as its the first late war vehicle i've done, naturally I did a wee bit of research. I had an idea that all the late war German vehicles were painted in a sort of "standard" ambush camouflage scheme, with dots everywhere...

This has proved not to be the case. Here's a few images I found on the net, click for a bigger picture.





There are a few variants shown above, but im guessing that, as with all things German in WW2, there was a lot of variation in colour schemes.

Here's what I have done.....

Sdkfz 234/1 Armed with a 20mm cannon, and a coaxial MG.





Sdkfz 234/2 PUMA.
An up armoured version, with a fully enclosed turret, armed with a 50mm AT gun






I really enjoyed painting this one, a great model, Battlefront (FOW) get quite a bit of stick but in all fairness, their models are pretty bloody good.

Next up I will be painting up my Panther, and I will have to have a go at the ambush scheme.

Anyway, thanks for looking,

Steve

Bolt Action Page - HERE

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, one of my favourite vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 1/72 scale Hasegawa kits of both of these two vehicles that I am intending to build soon. Hasegawa have an excellent range of WW 2 vehicle model kits .... Martin :)


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...