Sunday 17 March 2013

Impetus Persian update

Now then,

I've just finished my latest units for my Impetus Persians. I have the Guard heavy cavalry with Darius himself attached. I've also finished off my scythed chariot.

The army is really starting to take shape now, and I have another 3 units of cavalry nearly finished, and there's more in the post on route to me, along with more Hoplites for my Spartan army seen here - http://stevenkelly1.blogspot.com/2013/02/impetus-spartan-army-wip.html....Some projects are never really finished are they?



Guard Heavy cavalry unit, I have cheated a bit by adding Darius in his chariot, but as the CinC I suppose it works OK. So we have the king of kings with his immediate bodyguard, charging into battle!




The scythed chariot. really great model from Xyston, one of my favourites, unfortunately they aren't actually that great in battle.....

Next up are the Persian national cavalry, and maybe some more Bactrian light horse.

Link to the full army - LINK

cheers
Steve

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful work again Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking chariots! Colours and painting style are impressive!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sorry that was me Mr Anonymous..My name is Steve to so I missed out putting another Steve at the end, and filling out the rest of the form

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very nice Steve, you'll have to make sure you take some pic's of their first outing for us all here : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, but I'm not sure when that will be!

      Steve

      Delete
  5. Great Darius and scythed chariot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, just ordered a load more cavalry too.....

      Delete
  6. As always stunning, it may even prompt me to finish my FOG/Hail Caesar Late Persians....it may....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought these were 28mm!!! Great looking figures and I love the Persian armies (my first one). So you gain another follower, number 13 oops

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fantastic! Going to have to follow this project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...