Saturday 9 March 2013

Persian Army Update

Now then,

I've finished off the bases on my latest troops for the Persian army.  Kappadokians mostly, but the Egyptian spearmen are also making an appearance.  I've got a few more units to base up then ill be doing quite a bit of painting to get this army finished.  Mostly cavalry as you might expect from a Persian army....



Kappadokian Cavalry.  


 Kappadokian light Cavalry with Javelins.


Kappadokian Mountain tribesmen. I decided to base them up as light infantry, instead of skirmishers, and will just use them as either Peltasts, or Takabara.



Egyptian spearmen.  Light infantry, but armed with long thrusting spears, pretty good for operating on the flanks, and stopping cavalry in their tracks I think.

That pretty much concludes the infantry part of the army for now, although i have loads more archers to paint, and I'm thinking of getting some Kardakes (The Kardakes were the Persian answer to the Greek Hoplites  although no where near as good) spearmen too.  

link to the full army - LINK

That's it for now, thanks for looking,
Steve.

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted and stunning looking units also I very much like your basing.
    I based my Xyston 15mm Persians figures on 60mm x 40mm

    http://15mm25mm.blogspot.com/2012/02/impetvs-babylonian-colonists.html

    anyway....well done sir!

    cheers,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil,

    just checked out your blog, some nice stuff on there.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of Army painter ..lovely figures

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it certainly speeds thing up, although I may have been a little bit heavy handed with it on some of these.....

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its easy to do especially on 15mm figures as I know to my cost..though I remember seeing some Irregular figures done with it and it made them look like AB or Xyston figures

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, some wonderful units, with great bases...I do like the Egyptian spearmen!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Kappadokians and Egyptian Marines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good Steve, coming along nicely. What are you using for your C grade T's in this army ?.... if you don't mind me asking. I've just got hold of some Assyrians for mine but wouldn't mind some other allied contingent, just for variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tarty

      As its a Late Achemendid army, in the impetus list, the only "T" you can have is Indian longbowmen....

      But im just going to use standard Persian archers, and, as you say, rate them as C grade levy archers.

      Steve

      Delete
    2. Ah yes of course.....quiet different to early. I love those Egyptians though, superb.....they could fit into early or late. I do like the mix you can have in a Persian army, very pretty I think, lots of interesting mixes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...