Monday 29 December 2014

2014 in review

Seasons greetings!

Its that time of year again (already). 2014 has been a very busy and troublesome year for me, both at work and at home, nevertheless I have found that wargaming, well painting mostly, provides me with a much needed escape from the daily grind.


I had some definate goals this year, in no particular order, they were:

  • Commanders for the Muslim army DONE
  • Commanders for the Persian army DONE
  • Lots of Persians! DONE
  • A Theban contingent for the Greek Hoplite army NOT DONE
  • SS Troops for my Bolt Action German force DONE
  • Vehicles for Ze Germans DONE
  • Soviet forces to oppose said Germans for Bolt Action. DONE
  • An Anglo Danish warband for SAGA, to oppose the Vikings I finished a while back. SAGA NOT EVEN STARTED!
  • Finish off the Novamarines and start on their adversaries, The TAU for EPIC. ONGOING
  • Continue with the Napoleonic project, Finish the Austrian forces and make a start on the French. ONGOING

So, what have I actually managed to do? 

Planned stuff.


Ancients


The Persian army. This army has been finally finished this year with the addition of lots more cavalry units and levy archers. The army is now pretty big and comes in at around 500 points for Impetus.

Persian Page





The Ayyubid Egyptian army. This army needed less work to get finished, so with the addition of new command units and some light cavalry, this one is now complete as well.


The German armies have been bolstered this year, lots of infantry and vehicles.

The Soviet forces have also had some work done to them, I now have a sizable infantry force based up for Bolt action or Battlegroup Kursk, complete with anti tank guns etc.

WW2 page!







6mm Napoleonics


Much slower progress than I wanted. I have painted a few units, but the army is still not finished and the French forces to oppose them haven't even been ordered, despite the completed order form to Adler sitting in my drafts folder for over a year! 

Austrian 1809 page!

Epic

Epic has been a big thing for me this year. Lots of stuff has been added to the Novamarine force.















Their enemy the Tau army has been painted up and several games played!


EPIC!!!






Distractions

As always, I am easily distracted, often ill start a new project on a whim, or maybe ive had a pint and am on the internet, it usually results in a load of stuff getting delivered about a week later....

10mm Fantasy.



My lads expressed an interest in fantasy stuff, so I bought a few rulebooks, then bought a load of models from copplestone castings. I even made a start on painting them, but the motivation wasn't there, and the lads decided that they weren't bothered. End result was it all got sold, and a load of time was wasted! Oh well at least I made a small profit once everything had gone via ebay!

Terrain

Not so much a distraction as something that needed doing, I made a far bit of scenery this year, mainly aimed at my 6mm Napoleonic stuff, but it works OK for the 15mm WW2 models as well.











Zombicide!

This is a cool game. There is just something far cooler about hordes of painted zombies roaming about the board! The unpainted masses were bugging me so they had to be done!









Next year?


There is a lot happening next year, including relocating back to the UK, after 4 years in Cyprus, im conscious of the amount of gaming related stuff I have accumulated... I will be scaling back on new purchases, and instead concentrating of a suitable storage system for it all. 

Of course some painting will be getting done or I may go insane!

6mm Napoleonics

Next year I really am going to get the Austrian Army finished off! Possibly ill make a small start on some French, but that depends on the Austrian progress.

Epic

The Epic Novamarines will also hopefully be getting finished, because to be honest im sick of painting them, and want them done! 

A new army is in the planning stage.. more of which later.

If I end up running out of stuff to paint, I will paint up the models in the Space Hulk box, as my son has been asking me to paint them since 2009.....

I may add some stuff to The Crusader army for Impetus, or may just leave it until im settled in the UK....I have plans for all my Ancient armies, but it may have to wait until im settled in the UK, as the move home has to be taken into account. I have so much stuff to get back in one piece already.....

Anyway, there we go. Another year done.

Steve


4 comments:

  1. Well done. You got plenty done! Best of luck for 2015, too.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've completed more than I good sir, all in all a productive year by the looks of it:-)
    All the best to you and yours for 2015
    Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a mighty productive year! Cheers and onto 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...