Friday 21 November 2014

Battlegroup Kursk, support troops

Now then,

A while back I got a load of stuff from Skytrex, support stuff for the German forces on the Eastern front. As I had a week off, I have got round to painting it all now.


First up I have painted up the Opel Blitz Radio truck. This took me ages to paint, not really sure why....

This will be a forward signals unit for BGK.











Stretcher bearers (Waffen SS)









 Stretcher Bearers (Wehrmacht)


Dispatch riders (Waffen SS)



Dispatch riders (Wehrmacht)

While Im on about WW2, I thought I would show you these. I had them made for me by Warbases. They are laser cut MDF, with 2 dials inside numbered from 0-9. 


All I did was create the "covers" on word, print them out and stick them on. Now, these are not necessary to play BGK, but im thinking anything that makes a game easier cant be a bad thing....


As it took me so long to paint the radio truck, I have been experimenting. I managed to paint up this PZ IIIN in about an hour (not including drying time).

All I did was paint it dunkelgelb, then painted on the cam, then painted the whole thing with ronseal dark oak stain/varnish.

once dry I drybrushed the whole thing with a light sand colour.

Done.


Maybe a bit rough and ready, but once I have all his mates done then they will look fine.


On the painting desk are 3 Pz III M's.Hopefully using the same speed painting method as the Pz III N above Ill have them all done by Monday...

As alwaysI have been chipping away at the epic Novamarines too...


 More Whirlwinds!


Land raider company!


And finally, here is them all painted so far!....

Cheers for looking,
Steve

3 comments:

  1. They look great. Always nice to make progress on the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff and quite original (medics & despatchers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the figs and especially the BGK Battle Rating devices - very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...