Tuesday 20 August 2019

The Aeldari

Now then,


I collected an Eldar army way back in the early 90s when I was but a youth. Since restarting my 40k addiction last year I have tarted them up somewhat. There were lots of broken models, all chucked in a box, and left for years. Ive always liked the models so it seemed a shame.


The mainstay of the army are of course the guardian squads. Mine are made up of very old metal miniatures from the late 80's and early 90's.


Supported by war walkers and a wraith lord.



Leading them in battle are the farseer and warlock conclave.



Of course no Eldar or Aeldari as they are called these days, would be complete without Aspect Warriors. 


The most common type are of course the Dire Avengers, led by their Exarch.


Next up we have the Fire Dragons. Led by their Exarch with his fire pike.


Now we come to one of my favourite units, the Warp Spiders. 


Swooping Hawks, useful troops, but fragile.


Striking Scorpions. My largest Aspect squad, useful as bodyguards for my characters or to be left lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike.


The Howling Banshees are another really iconic and cool unit.


My old Dark reapers. Led by their Exarch with his web of skulls!


Meghan Ra, the Phoenix lord of the Dark Reapers. A beast at range and no slouch in combat either.


My Rangers provide a bit of fire support with their Ranger long rifles. 

And to finish off this little showcase of some of my oldest miniatures...


The Avatar of Khaine,  the bloody handed God. 

I hoped you enjoyed this litte stroll down memory lane, thanks for stopping by and taking a look,

Stig

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely collection of minis, Stig. Thanks for sharing. I had a Dark Angels army from around the same time (regrettably now sold). I remember 2nd ed 40K being a lot of fun, but never tried any subsequent editions. I have a plan to collect Eldar as a bit of a nostalgia project, so this has been very inspiring. Some of those Jes Goodwin sculpts are among my favourite from that era. Cheers, Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...