Saturday 2 January 2016

Plans for 2016

Now then,

Im a bit late this year in posting my yearly round up and plans for the coming year...... But here we go anyway.

2015

2015 has been a bad year for me. Real life stuff has really been a bummer, but is starting to improve, so hopefully the gaming and painting and of course blogging will be getting some more attention. 

So what have I achieved this year?

Well, I moved back to the UK from Cyprus after 4 years out there in quite a rush due to family problems, I then spent the best part of 6 months on compassionate leave as things sorted themselves out. 
If that wasn't enough, my house that had been rented out had been trashed by my tenant before I evicted him, so it took a lot of time and effort (and Money) to get it into a habitable state again, but thankfully my older brother (a Builder) pretty much sorted it out for me, with me doing the labouring for him.

I havent painted much at all this year, a few bits and bobs when ive had the time and the motivation. Im planning on making up for this in 2016.

The best part of 2015 has been that I have made some gaming mates in the area, and I get a game now at least once a week, and a big game every month or so on a Sunday. Ive had more games this last 6 months than probably the last 10 years combined, so things are looking up.

2016

Plans for this year!

Im moving into my own house! finally after 20 years living in military accommodation I have sold my old house and bought a much nicer one, complete with gaming room for me!

WW2

Im planning on a big overhaul of my quite extensive Eastern front collection in 15mm. Ive re-discovered Rapid Fire, and have enough figures for a Soviet rifle division and a waffen SS Regiment with attached Tank and artillery support etc.

EPIC

I haven't done much with this last year, and intend to get my Tau forces finished off, as well as some more Marine stragglers that I found in a box.

ENGLISH CIVIL WAR 15MM (ROYALIST)

A new project, I started by buying a few units worth of troops from Peter pig last year, but havent done much with them yet, I am waiting for a decent set of rules to appear.... Impetus Baroque?

BLUCHER 6MM

I bought the Blucher rulebook as soon as it was released last year, and it looks like a very good game. I plan to rebase, reorganise and generally sort out my 4 year old unfinished and never used Napoleonic collection and hopefully finally get them on a gaming table!

REPUBLICAN ROMAN ARMY 15MM

I have had a long standing interest in all things Ancient and especially Roman, so a Republican Roman army it is!  Im going to use westwinds forged in battle 15mm figs for this and base them up for Impetus, although ill be using them for Simon Millers To the Strongest as well.

WARS OF THE ROSES 6MM (REBASE) 

My 6mm Wars of the Roses collection is getting expanded and re-organised, having done a lot of reading on the subject over the last few years im not completely happy that my armies reflect the way the armies were organised and fought. more later!

WARS OF THE ROSES 28mm LION RAMPANT

Keeping the late medieval theme, im also going to build a force for Lion Rampant, using the excellent Perry plastics, ive had a few games of this already using my vikings, and its great fun.

GRUNTZ 15MM

I have bought the Gruntz rulebook, and im quite looking forward to painting up a couple of small skirmish forces in 15mm, should be a welcome distraction from painting all the historical stuff ive got planned.

So all in all, things are looking up, ill have my own study/gaming room and all my figures and books in one place for the first time ever. I think that ill end up painting alot more, so hopefully there will be plenty to update the blog with in 2016.

Cheers,
Steve

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your year has been so crap, hopefully you are due for a turn of the wheel this coming year. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on Wars of the Roses; I too think that existing basing systems and rules don't quite do justice to the period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its been a bit pump, but things are looking up. Im probably going to use The to the strongest lists for the 6mm WOTR, and mount everything on 80mm frontages.

      Steve

      Delete
  2. Steve, I hope 2016 is the turn-around year for you.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure it will be, once I have my permanent gaming table and painting desk, then ill be fine lol.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read that things have been bad through 2015. I hope that 2016 is kinder to you. I look forward to reading of your progress through the year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...